pandas. bitch. run. now.

pandas. bitch. run. now.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

You Can Deal With Chris...

I'm a little annoyed at myself for being pretty involved in American Idol this year. I mean, in a way, it's kind of hard not to be seeing as how it's the #1 show in the country. And I guess "involved" is a pretty vague term, because I usually just pick a guy I think is hot and a girl I think is cute and go along with it. However, I have a tendency to pick the ones who are actually talented so there's reason to back them. I will admit, in the girls department, I haven't always been spot on (Jasmine Trias, any hardcore Idol fans?). However, I've yet to be wrong with the boys, and this year is no exception.

My cause for this year, as well as my future husband, is the scorchingly gorgeous Christopher Michael Richardson, born February 19, 1984. (Gotta love the stalkers over at Wikipedia.) The boy is beautiful. Have you seen the pictures? YOU HAVEN'T?! Don't worry, you'll agree with me in a moment.

If you read a bunch of reviews on the show, Chris tends to polarize people who watch - you either love him and sing his praises endlessly, or loathe him and use every chance possible to call him a nasally Justin Timberlake-wannabe. Is that seriously the only thing you can come up with? I mean, last time I checked, there are but so many types of singing voices, not to mention that almost everyone sounds the same when they sing (do you ever hear a Jamaican or British accent in some of today's songs?), so of course being a tenor "like Justin" the comparisons will be made. But I'm sorry if I think that Chris is a legitimately better singer. I mean, for one thing, he doesn't rely on the use of falsetto for an entire song. (He also doesn't use his next single to prove the mantra: "Don't cheat. Otherwise you'll end up in a fiery car crash. And presumably die.") He rarely ever relies on falsetto, he just happens to have a (FULL) higher pitched voice. And yet all of the Chris-bashers (an alarming amount of them female - angry lesbians much?) use these as their only point in his criticisms. He's nasal and he sounds like Justin Timberlake. You're whiny and you sound like a dumb bitch. Moving on.

Another blatantly obvious reason I support Mr. Richardson. You can deal with this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

...or you can deal with that:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

You can deal with this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

...or you can deal with that:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yes, Chris. I don't know what that is either. Now somebody tell me this man is not worthy of siring some sexy little babies with you. (Or me. Preferably me.)

So. In addition to his hottitude, fans seem to be very involved in Chris' personal life. From the speculation on the "girlfriend" (or "girlfriend: HAAAAAAAY!" ?) to his involvement with other AI contestants and M-list celebrities, none of the rumors are juicier or more fun to fantasize about than Cake.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Cake is the term coined for the relationship between Chris and fellow competitor/"friend" Blake Lewis. (Cake, in case you didn't catch on, being the combination of Chris and Blake. And although I'm all for the idea of Chris being single (so he can marry me! duh!), I actually don't mind their perfectly natural yet deliciously homoerotic friendship. In addition to being hotties, it's giving gay guys around the world more reason to love them.

Talented, boyfriend rumors, HOT like Phoenix in August...Chris definitely gets an A++ in my book. Now all I have to do is get him to marry me. Kyle-Steven Richardson...has a nice ring, doesn't it?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I second that hottie's opinion. ;)

No comments: