pandas. bitch. run. now.

pandas. bitch. run. now.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Caroted Kumquat

I'm pretty sure I hate school now.

The people have always been kind of irritating. There are exceptions, like my friends, but in general many LaGuardia students are just really REALLY obnoxious. On top of that they're unneccesary. How can you be obnoxious and unneccesary? That defeats what little purpose you had, if any.

Anyhow, Yoga is a pain in the ass. I signed up for it thinking it would be relaxing yet beneficial, and I could make up the gym credit I owe. I didn't know LaGuardia's definition of "relaxing" was working your body to near-collapsing points and leaving class every day sore and in pain by only 9:45 in the morning. I also signed up for Journalism, thinking that it might be a class of intrigue. Again, I didn't know LaGuardia had a different definition of "intrigue", entailing the largest amount of work I think I've ever done in any class during my entire academic career. For kids like me who are on the fence about REALLY wanting to go to college, they're doing a bad job of encouraging us.

So now I'm left with seeking refuge in the computer lab 4th period. This may have to change soon for two reasons though. I may need to switch Yoga to 4th period so I can prevent becoming a super-senior (any combination of 15 unprepareds - latenesses and absences count toward this - means that you fail the class for the semester. I already have 7, and it's only March 9th. I have 4 more months to go, plus a couple of days. This has got to be a formula for impending unhappiness.) I also may need to just not write blogs in school, since the BOE is now banning virtually every website in existence (like MySpace). Granted, some people allow themselves to get distracted too easily with that, and some people are just stupid and get kidnapped and raped (can I even say these kinds of things, or will this soon too be banned?) but I'm not one of them, and neither are a lot of other people. Group suffering for a minute number of individuals' stupidity. Gotta love the school system's interpretation of the First Amendment.

Ugh, I'm getting political now. Let me just stop before I end up writing something that could get this site taken away from us also. (Though I bet it's only a matter of time before it is anyway.)

No comments: