pandas. bitch. run. now.

pandas. bitch. run. now.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Starving Artist Syndrome.

I guess I never really came down with SAS - Starving Artist Syndrome. I always just kinda was drawn to art - I liked it, I was good at it. I still am I suppose, I shouldn't use the past tense. But in all seriousness, I never really felt...I dunno. Whatever it is that it seems artists are "supposed" to feel. I don't get art shows. I obviously comprehend their purpose (to get people to see some damn art), but I don't really GET the performance piece or video installation or sole toothpick on a pedestal aspect of it.

That's the good and bad thing about art - it's a diverse medium. You can draw or paint or sculpt and all that shit. I draw and do photography. That's about the extent of it. It's funny that four years of concentrated art in an Art School (doesn't that sound so deliciously pretentious?) did not a whole lot toward nurturing my art. It made me kind of hate a lot of it actually.

Which is the point I'm ultimately getting at. I never really yearned for art, or lived for it...I just think it's cool. And I think I'm good at it. So I do it. But you won't catch me like, trying to make a sole means of income off of it...

This was going somewhere. I don't remember where now.

So much for 4 in the morning posts.

[artist me.]

No comments: